Facilities Planning & Overview


Tuscarawas Valley Local School District is committed to creating safe, clean, positive learning environments for all students, staff, and guests. School buildings contribute significantly to the learning experience, especially in terms of lighting, safety, heating/cooling, and handicap accessibility.  To that end, the district partnered with the Ohio Facilities Construction Commission in 2017 to create a Master Plan to address facility concerns.  


SY2022-23 (past)

At the conclusion of SY23-24:

  • TV Intermediate School in Bolivar will close.

  • TV Middle School will close for renovation and construction.

  • Construction will continue for the new TV Middle-High School with substantial completion by July 28, 2023.

  • The new TV Middle-High School opened its doors for students on Tuesday, September 5, 2023.

SY23-24 (current)

Grade level configurations:

  • All students in grades PK-1 attend TV Primary School in Mineral City.

  • All students in grades 2-6 attend TV Intermediate School at the existing high school.

  • All students in grades 7-12 attend the new TV Middle-High School.

Construction has continued for renovation and an addition to the existing middle school to become the new TV Elementary School to serve all students in grades PK-6.

SY24-25 (future)

  • All students in grades PK-6 will attend the new TV Elementary School (renovated middle school) on the Tusky Valley Road Campus.

  • All students in grades 7-12 will attend the new TV Middle-High School on the Tusky Valley Road Campus.

CONSTRUCTION UPDATE (as of December 2023)

Tremendous progress continues to be made on the renovation and construction of the new TV Elementary School (former middle school).  On schedule for completion in August 2024, the approximate 101,000 square foot building will serve all district students in grades PK-6.  A complete photo gallery showing all construction photos, including the new TV Elementary School, can be accessed here. 

Total cost for this building is approximately $24 million with 39% paid by the Ohio Facilities Construction Commission; the remaining 61% local cost will be paid by utility tax revenue from the Rover Pipeline.

Similar to TV Middle-High School which opened in September 2023, the new elementary school will feature 100% climate controlled environments, provide enhanced safety and fire suppression measures, offer more natural light, and include audio enhancement systems, interactive technology, and furniture designed to meet the unique learning needs of elementary children. 


Rover Pipeline utility tax revenue is funding the 61% ‘local share’ of the co-funded state project, with the Ohio Facilities Construction Commission (State of Ohio) contributing 39%.  To date, the district has been able to complete this PK-12 facilities project with NO BOND ISSUE or additional tax to residents.  Unfortunately, Rover Pipeline has appealed its valuation and is only paying 40%.  The appeal is likely to be tied up in court for years.


The impact of COVID-19 has been far-reaching, including the construction field with staffing issues, material shortages, and escalated prices. Even with these challenges, the district has moved forward with cautious optimism.  The total cost of the co-funded project is nearly $60M.


In addition to the OFCC co-funded Master Plan outlined above, and given funding availability, the vision is to: 

  • Maintain the former high school (2637 Tusky Valley Road) as a community center and Board of Education offices.  The  existing auditorium, gymnasium, cafeteria/kitchen, and other spaces would be available for community use.

  • Pursue a grant to convert approximately 2,200 square feet of space in the existing industrial technology wing into a School Based Health Clinic in partnership with the Aultman Foundation which would serve students, staff, and community.  

  • Replace and upgrade the existing stadium bleachers.  

  • Construct a new bus garage on the site of the existing student parking lot.

© 2024. Tuscarawas Valley Local Schools. All Rights Reserved.
View text-based website